True Beauty Aesthetics Is a Physician Operated Facility Where All Injectables Are Performed by a Physician
Dysport® Fontana is one of our services at True Beauty Aesthetics. We think that most of people are familiar with Botox®, an injectable that relaxes the muscles that cause wrinkles such as frown line, forehead lines, and crows feet. It’s made by a company called Allergan, has been around for over 20 years, and has an extremely high safety and efficacy profile.In April of 2009 a new Botox® competitor was approved by the FDA called Dysport®. Dysport® is marketed by a company called Medicis (also the company who makes Restylane), and although it’s new here in the US, it has been available in Europe for a long time. You may also have heard of Dysport as Reloxin, which was its former name. Overall Botox® and Dysport® are very similar. Both are used to relax the muscle that cause frown lines, crows feet etc. The only difference is that Dysport® is a smaller size molecule so its unit measurement is different than Botox. Treatment as with Botox takes 30 minutes to an hour, there is a typical 4hour period downtime in which we encourage each individual not to press or push on or near the treatment area, and no laying down.
Botox® Vs Dysport®
How long do the results of Dysport® treatments last?
- Dysport® in Fontana can take up to two full weeks to take effect. However, some patients notice a difference after only a few days.
- The effects of the toxin can last anywhere from three to four months.
Who is a good candidate?
- Botox® and Dysport® are for any adults who want to temporarily improve the look of moderate to severe wrinkles or prevent wrinkling from occurring.
- Not recommended for women who are pregnant or nursing.
What should I expect after Dysport®?
- You may have small red, raised areas where the toxin was injected; this is normal and will diminish within 5-30 minutes.
- It is rare, but a bruise can occur after injections. Bruises usually subside after 3-7 days.
- It is important to move the muscles of the face where the toxin was placed to ensure adequate absorption into the muscles (i.e. raise eyebrows, frown, or squint)
- If the muscles of the area injected still move (not completely rested), more toxin will be needed to achieve the desired result.
How much does Dysport® Cost in Fontana?
At True Beauty Aesthetics, Botox/Dysport® costs ONLY $8/unit. This would be the cheapest Dysport in Fontana.